Download our Environmental Control Diploma brochure
The Environmental Control Postgraduate Diploma Program builds a solid understanding of the best engineering practices in pollution prevention and control, as well as environmental norms and regulations in Canada. The program places a special emphasis on practical applications of the studied material. Graduates develop critical thinking, problem assessment and solving skills valued by employers in the environmental sector.
All courses are taught by practicing environmental professionals, ensuring that the program content is both practical and current.
The program consists of 200 hrs of instruction and includes in-depth classroom lectures, demonstrations and case studies. The program also includes site visits to develop practical understanding of real-life scenarios, problems and solutions.
Graduates of this program are well suited for positions such as environmental consultants; project manager or engineer; environmental engineering specialist, planner or coordinator; environmental engineer; environmental site assessor; decommissioning project specialist as well as many others in industry sectors such as consulting engineers, government/ regulatory agencies or private industry.
Courses in this program:
- Brown Fields
- Municipal Waste Management
- Industrial Air Approvals
- Environmental Regulations and Standards
- Stormwater and Municipal Water Treatment
- Engineering Project Management
- Canadian Industrial Practices and Workplace Culture
Core Knowledge Competency:
Gain proficiency in the area of environmental pollution prevention and control for effective protection of land, water and air.
Upon completion of this program participants will:
- Understand fundamentals, processes and methodologies of environmental sciences related to pollution prevention and control;
- Possess broad environmental vision and understanding of social, economic, political and legal implications of environmental pollution;
- Understand requirements of Canadian and international environmental regulations and standards;
- Understand best practices for managing solid waste, storm and waste water, brown fields and air pollution;
- Understand project management practices for increased efficiency of operations and meeting deadlines
Core Skills Competency:
Analyze environmental impacts of human activities on soil, water and air and implement effective remediation solutions.
Upon completion of this program participants will be able to:
- Relate their knowledge of environmental practices to find solutions for minimizing impacts of human activities on land, water and air ;
- Exhibit personal and interpersonal professional behaviors, communicate effectively and contribute to team-work and project activities;
- Analyze and formulate possible solutions to complex environmental problems that may include technical, social, economic, political and legal issues;
- Conduct environmental impact evaluations and environmental site risk assessment;
- Prepare, communicate and implement contamination remedial action plans;
- Plan sample collection, measurement and assessment of samples and analyze sampling data;